If you are lucky to be able to come to the Languedoc Roussillon region, some specific visits will be “mandatory”. These are unavoidable places to see and things to do.
What we suggest for you:
- Learn the gastronomy through workshops offered at the Gastronomicom school. This school, located in the town of Agde (in the Hérault district), offers standard workshops but can also customize culinary and/or pastry courses for you. Molecular gastronomy, traditional cuisine, pastry, chocolate, baking and even wine will no longer have any secrets for you.
- The Roquefort caves. This soft cheese is the flagship of France anywhere in the World.
Thanks to this tour, you will discover all there is to know about this iconic cheese.
- The Noilly Prat cellars, this vermouth is made in the Hérault district, and the spectacular cellars are a must-see. This is a visit not to be missed.
- The Alexandre restaurant is one of the unavoidable places to dine when you visit the Languedoc Roussillon. Near the city of Nimes, the chef offers exceptional dishes.
- Viticulture is one of the flagship activities of the region, you can not leave without visiting a wine estate. We would suggest to you the domaine La Vivarelle. This is a family-run winery and you will experience a warm welcome.